This is the street I see almost every day in front of the girls school. (I forgot to take a picture of the actual school building.)
It is pretty common to have shops on the ground level of the high rise apartments. I just had to throw this one in. It may be hard to see but it is a shop called Trader Zhou (in English pronounced Trader Joe's)
The first phase of the complex where the girls school is located.
This picture is facing the water. The mountains in the background are part of Hong Kong. We live on a peninsula so there actually is ocean in between.
Many of the local people love to go to the "beach" for barbecue. We have never gone, but it looks like a big ward picnic rather than a restaurant.
This is the goddess of the sea. It's right on the waterfront, but there isn't much of a beach. With the pollution around here I wouldn't want to go in the water anyway.
There is an outdoor mall near our house called Sea World. There is no Shamoo, but plenty of other places to remind us of home.
Just like home
Micky Ds and KFC
Gotta have 7 Eleven too
The main entrance to our neighborhood (decorated for the paralympics)
The street near our house
Home sweet home
(I just realized there are almost no people in these pictures. I don't think I have seen it that quiet before or since. )
4 comments:
Wow, there are a lot of high rises there. Your house is beautiful!
I'm so glad to see you back up and running. I stopped checking your blog awhile back. I had figured that if your plane had gone down heading back to China, somehow your sweet Mom would have gotten a hold of me. :-)
How did the wedding go? What is minks world?
I love seeing all of this! And I know exactly where it is!! It makes me sad sometimes...but I'm lovin being back!
Anyway. My mom wants to see if she can be invited to your blog. I'm sure you have her email address, but just in case, its idohair4u@sbcglobal.net
Thanks! I know, kind of weird that I'm asking when she just lives down the street from you =]
-andrea
I don't know if California has them, but here in NC "Trader Joe's" is a fair sized chain of stores. Thought it was interesting when I saw "Trader Zhou" and the english translation in your blog.
Post a Comment