Sunday, September 21, 2008

WE'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!












I'm sure everyone who ever used to come to this site is long gone, but I'm going to start up again anyway. We have had a very busy, fun, crazy, and exciting past three months. So much so I don't know where to begin. I guess from the beginning.
The end of June included an "End of the Year Party," Appreciation lunch for the school staff and volunteers, Jared's graduation, Primary, packing up the house, packing for the summer back home, and top it off with a typhoon. The stress we all felt was matched by the fun we had this summer.
We got of to a rough start. The movers came and packed up our stuff on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was supposed to be the loading day. Instead is was spent in front of the TV at the McKenzie's house. A typhoon came through Hong Kong. It was a specular storm and fun to watch. We didn't know the headache it would cause. Thursday was the last day of school and our flight was in the afternoon. Colin was staying behind to oversee the loading that should have happened the day before. They kept posponing the time for the container to arrive. We made it to the ariport early which was a good thing, because our flight was delayed by three hours. It actually was good we were delayed since Daniel got sick. He was able to make a mess in the airport instead of on the plane. Colin was the one who really suffered. The movers finally got there about 5:00 in the evening. They were tired from loading someone else that morning, Colin was tired. Needless to say the loading didn't go well. We weren't able to take everything we wanted and Colin had to make the final decision on what was left behind (a task he had pleaded not do). He did his best, but I was sad over a few items and even a little sadder to see some of the things that did make it that we really didn't need. (Disclaimer: It was not Colin's fault. He did a wonderful job in a very hard position.)
By the time I was on the plane I was in heaven. The relief doesn't usually hit me until we land, but I was just so ready to get away. It was my first trip alone with the kids. Again Daniel getting sick was a blessing. He slept almost the whole way. He is our instigator. He knows how to push everyone's buttons. There was almost no fighting or teasing. It was a peacful flight. Then we got to LAX. I will avoid LA as much as possible from here on out. It took two hours from when the plane landed until we got in our mini-van. We then drove to Carlsbad. As we unloaded I realized I left a suitcase at the airport. It may not have been that bad, but it had our camera and video camera. Not a good thing when you plan to spend the next week with family having fun.
We enjoyed Legoland on Friday with Steve, Holly and family, and Sheri and Dave and family. I might actually get the pictures developed that I took with the disposable camera I bought (if I can find a place to develop them). Saturday was spent at the beach. Liz was a huge help with the girls. The boys had a great time with Will. That evening we headed to he.. I mean Indio. Now don't get me wrong. The people there are wonderful, but it was simply hot as he.. It wasn't even as hot as it gets, but we were all melting. Steve and Holly were great hosts. They even gave us group rates!
We made it back to Utah for the 4th of July. From there it was non-stop visiting and fun. We made it to Lagoon which the kids love. They had such a good time we had to do the bounce back. Colin didn't have to go either time (it was his payment for all the moving hastle). We are so blessed to have Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins that are friends as well as family.
Wow, if you made it this far, give yourself a star on the forhead. You deserve it. I will have more to come soon about the move in and life on the mainland in the days to come.

No comments: