Sunday, February 17, 2008

I am beginning to realize if I would just update this blog a little more often I wouldn't have write so much when I get around to it. We have had a colder and longer winter than normal this year. I'm not complaining though. We haven't had any of the problems here like they had to the north. Yesterday was the first nice day in weeks. The sun actually came out for a while. It was perfect since we had Daniel's birthday party. We invited his whole class to come. I was a little nervous since it would be 20 kids if everyone came. Luckly 6 weren't able to come. It was a little crazy, but manageable.We had the first week of February off of school for Chinese New Year. I can't believe I actually look forward to my kids not being in school. It is so nice to have some freedom. Things get pretty crazy here in the mornings trying to get everyone ready for school. We have to keep a schedule up in the kitchen to remember who needs what when. They are lucky to have swimming lessons, I just wish they all had them on the same day. they also bring library books home and the three little ones also bring home books from their classes. (I won't mention how many times we have had to send back books that weren't read. It's better than not being able to find them at all!) Throw in some after school activities and lunches and you can see how it can get. Anyway, we enjoyed our holiday. For the week leading up to it Leslie and Emma were getting very excited. Every time we did anything they said "Oh, we can make chocolate chip cookies for Chinese New Year!" or "We can make cards for Chinese New Year!" It took me a while to figure out why everyone was going around singing "Gong shi. Gong shi. Gong shi." They learned it at school. They do actually have Chinese New Year songs. Happy year of the rat.




We had an interesting time at church today. For different reasons we had a very low turnout. Our branch isn't huge to begin with so we usually really notice when people are missing. Well it was the first time that my kids were the only ones in Primary. With that we still had three classes. I sat in with Daniel since the teacher was new. I hope he was misbehaving because I was there. Otherwise this teacher isn't going to last long. The other four kids in his class should be back next week I hope!

4 comments:

The Adventure Planner said...

I can't imagine how you keep your wits about you even 50% of the time with all you have going on with those 5 and Colin, not to mention your own life on occasion! You are amazing! The kids are all growing up so fast. Thanks for sharing... :)

Sally Wood said...

Wow, it sounds like you are very busy over there. It is lucky you have help or you would probably go crazy! The kids are growing up so much, I am glad to see some photos!

Holly said...

WOW!! The twins look sooo grown up and I am feeling really old right at the moment.

Unknown said...

Now I really feel guilty about the church problem. We not only feel the heat in missing church to run the HK marathon but our absence is noticed by all. You can get back at us when you move and my kids will be the only ones in primary on many of the Sundays.