Sunday, May 4, 2008

Summertime

Saturday night after everyone had gone to bed I was working on my sharing time. (When else would I be working on it?) Across the floor ran on of these:Now, I hate cockroaches, and I usually remain pretty calm, but when Colin is around I always have him be the murderer. I had my fill while in Brazil. Colin had gotten back from California that morning and was in bed early. I sat in my chair as it ran by and asked myself how badly I wanted it dead. I would actually have to get up. It ran behind the bookcase while I was thinking so I figured I couldn't get it at that point anyway so I wouldn't bother. I kept on working when it ran across the floor again. Again I couldn't decide how badly I wanted it gone. Well it finally get me when it headed for the girls' backpacks. I threw a pencil case at it which only injured it. I then had to get Colin's shoe and smash it. I just love scooping it up with paper to throw it out. I always wonder if I really killed it and I imagine it running up my arm. It was really dead. We have discovered it is the first sign of summer in Hong Kong. Now we get to start our fatalities chart as we count how many of those intruders make their way in.

I couldn't beat Darrell's tick story(see their blog), but at least I could let the Davis' know they are not alone in their battle against the bug kingdom.

FIGHT ON!

2 comments:

Sally Wood said...

Ugh, I am so glad that I have avoided an encounter with these ugly bugs. They give me the creeps. Go Jeanetta, the killer of ugly bugs!

The Adventure Planner said...

You are braver than me - I can't stay in the room with a live one!