Sunday, January 6, 2008

More than enough excitement

We had a very exciting day yesterday. We started out at the Hong Kong Museum of Coastal Defense. They kids had a great time. One of the interesting site we show on the movie clip is just outside the museum there are the remains of an old barracks. There is a pretty good sized tree growing up through the chimney. The root come out the fireplace and go along the pavement down the side wall to the dirt about 2-3 feet below. You will also see the view of the harbor. Across the water is Kowloon. The museum is on the far east side of Hong Kong island.





After the museum we met up with some friends and went for a hike. They live in an area near some great mountain trails. We had a great time until we got back to their house and discovered that Daniel was no where to be found. We had broken into two groups on the way down and he got separated in the middle. He took a wrong turn at a fork in the trail but no one saw. My friend stayed behind with the rest of the kids while her husband, (Wayne) oldest son (Damon), Colin and I ran back up the mountain to see if we could find him. We split up. When Colin and Wayne started down the other path they called the police to let them know we were missing someone. They said "who, Daniel Robinson?" They were so relieved. I had not found my phone so when I finally started down the second path I was very frustrated to get to the bottom and find a couple of different roads. Damon an I decided to just keep going down. After a few minutes a police car came up the road. I flagged them down. I said I needed help. My little boy was missing. They said, "Is it Daniel Robinson? He is at the police station." I can honestly say I have never been so relieved in my life. I was able to use their phone to talk to Colin and discovered he had just picked him up. Anyway, we gave all the kids an extra hug that night and Daniel will have an exciting story to tell his class tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sally Wood said...

What a scary story! I am glad that Daniel is okay, it is not fun to have a loved one lost!

That tree is really cool, I can't believe it is so big, and growing out of the chimney. Weird!

Holly said...

Ok, for starters, it must be something in the gene pool with this family, and I think I am going to start keeping my kids on leashes. And, secondly, how do you find the energy to fit so much into one day?