...I'm the... Well, at least I feel like the gingerbread mom. I spent hours yesterday making gingerbread houses for the kids to beautify last night. I have done it in the past, but don't remember it taking so long. My dough was very sticky even after chilling. At least the frosting worked like super glue which made up for the less than perfect pieces. I took the kids to the store to see what we could find for decorations. It was pretty close to what there is back home. They had a good time and I think they turned out pretty well. I only feel bad about over baking a batch of gingerbread men. They were actually black, but they are too well done for my taste. (If it weren't so expensive I would mail them to my dad.) Now I'm going to have to make another batch so we can actually eat some.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
You can't catch me...
...I'm the... Well, at least I feel like the gingerbread mom. I spent hours yesterday making gingerbread houses for the kids to beautify last night. I have done it in the past, but don't remember it taking so long. My dough was very sticky even after chilling. At least the frosting worked like super glue which made up for the less than perfect pieces. I took the kids to the store to see what we could find for decorations. It was pretty close to what there is back home. They had a good time and I think they turned out pretty well. I only feel bad about over baking a batch of gingerbread men. They were actually black, but they are too well done for my taste. (If it weren't so expensive I would mail them to my dad.) Now I'm going to have to make another batch so we can actually eat some.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow, you are industrious! Very impressive, and cute. I bet the kids just loved that! I remember making those when I was a little girl, but we used graham crackers. They didn't turn out so well...
I am so impressed. I have thought about making gingerbread houses. It is the thought that counts, right?
That is such a fun idea for a tradition with kids! Maybe we'll have to try it next year when William is old enough to build as well as knock down... I'll have to get your recipe sometime!
Post a Comment