Thursday, December 13, 2007

Final countdown

My blog has been suffering lately because our school Christmas concert is tomorrow and I'm on the committee. Yes, you heard that right. Our school actually has a Christmas concert. I just wanted to amaze everyone with the program. Who would have thought you could still find a Christmas Concert at the Japanese International School (They don't celebrate Christmas in Japan) In Hong Kong (where Christmas is not a religious holiday) where they sing songs like "The First Noel and Silent Night." Here is is:

Japanese International School Christmas Concert Programme 2007

14 December 7:00PM

Opening and Welcome—Mr. Simon Walton

P6—Skipping Around the Christmas Tree

Reception and P1 Choir

  • Jingle Bells with hand bells
  • Christmas is a Time to Love

Reception- All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth

P1- Santa Santa

Christmas Medley by Instrumental Group

  • The First Noel
  • Silent Night in C Major
  • Jingle Bell Rock

P2—Oh Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah—An Interpretive Dance and The Little Drummer Boy

P3—In France They Have Pere Noel

P2 and P3 Choir

  • Merry Christmas
  • Let it shine! with hand bells and maracas

P4—P4 Christmas Song

P5—The Last Christmas Tree—A Poem—Choral Speaking

P6—Jingle Bells performed in Three Languages

P4, P5, P6 Choir

  • The Gift of the Season
  • Fa La La

Whole School – We Wish You a Merry Christmas

2 comments:

The Adventure Planner said...

Wow - that is quite a Christmas program! Hope it went great! It sounds way better than any Christmas programs I've seen before... :)

Suzanne Messmann said...

Holiday greetings from San Jose! I just read your Christmas letter and had to look up your blog! I would say that you are pretty techno-savvy! I'm jealous! The kids look great and I can't believe all the fun things you get to do. I guess you heard that Parkview merged with Robertsville and became Hillsdale Ward with Matt Stepan as Bishop. It's pretty exciting to have more than 50 kids in Primary again! I'm still choristering, so when you visit next summer, the kids will still have an OLD familiar face in front of them. Ricky is home from New Mexico and ready to head off to Southern Virginia U with Becky in January. Amanda gets her license on Wednesday (Saints preserve us!)Thanks for sharing. I've added you to my bookmarks! Merry Christmas! Suzanne Messmann